Area of focus: Communications/Public Information
This SentTell Scholarship was established in honor of Timothy Howard, a motivational speaker and professor at CSU Sacramento who encourages others to reach their goals and inspired SentTell founder Walter Wallace to go into the Communications field. Students interested in pursuing a career in Communications are encouraged to apply.
- Must be a current member (in good standing) in the AVID program for at least one full year.
- Must have taken at least one Advanced Placement (AP) course
- Must attend a four-year accredited university upon high school graduation
- Must be a prospective first-generation college student
- Plan to pursue a career in Communications
- Must complete the REV Scholarship Packet with attached essay
Essay (600-800 words)
Explain why you want to pursue a career in Communications. What influences or experiences in your life contributed to this decision? What steps have you taken or will take to achieve your goal? Include any volunteer work, personal experience in communications/public speaking or courses taken that has prepared or will prepare you in this endeavor.
February 5, 2018
Email Applications to: