Area of Focus: Education/Teaching
The Jana Bailey SentTell Scholarship was established to honor a legacy in the field of teaching and education. Jana Bailey heavily influenced SentTell founder Walter Wallace to attend a four-year university and stressed the importance of becoming a first-generation college graduate. Students interested in pursuing a career in education or pursuing a teaching credential are encouraged to apply.
- Must be a current member (in good standing) in the AVID program for at least one full year.
- Must have taken at least one Advanced Placement (AP) course
- Must attend a four-year accredited university upon high school graduation
- Must be a prospective first-generation college student
- Plan to obtain a teaching credential
- Must complete the REV Scholarship Packet with attached essay
Essay (600-800 words)
Explain why you want to pursue a career in teaching. What influences or experiences in your life contributed to this decision? What steps have you taken or will take to achieve your goal in becoming an educator? Include any volunteer work, personal experience or course taken that has prepared or will prepare you in this endeavor.
February 5, 2023
Email Applications to: